Sunday, December 11, 2005

You remember my good friend Mr Lefty, aka Jeremy Sear? Well I discovered tonight that for some reason he was interviewed by the Sydney Morning Heralds entertainment blog about defamation and blogging. They didnt quote him in the article, probably because hes so dull he made the journalist want to hang himself in his mothers flat (as is all the rage in Sydney these days thanks to moi) but they did at least include his responses in a text file at the end of the post.

I found this bit interesting -

3. Have you had any legal threats?

No, although my former employer (a law firm) did find out about the blog and demanded I shut it down. I hadn't been entirely discreet, so I did, only to restart it with a slightly different name and being careful not to mention anything that could be traced back to me directly. (Particularly not talking about work.)


Yes, the "law firm" Jeremy is talking about was only Victorian Legal Aid, but it sounds much more fancy and impressive when you call it a "law firm", doesn't it? And he didn't write about them much when he started his new blog - he just canned his boss a few times and whined about how the Victorian Legal Aid logo looks like the word "no" when turned on its side. I'm sure they would have been fine with that.

Then there's this -

4. How have you responded to these threats?

By being anonymous. I have two blogs, anonymouslefty and boltwatch. BoltWatch in particular is highly political and concentrates on one public figure in particular. I am conscious of Andrew Bolt having in the past made remonstrations to a blogger's employer after feeling that he'd been unfairly criticised, so I am very careful not to have my name directly linked to either of my blogs.


Jeremy Sear is anonymous so Andrew Bolt doesn't find out who he is? Lets hope Mr Bolt cant use Google. Then again maybe he already knows........

4 Comments:

At 9:06 pm, Blogger Iain Hall said...

How lovely that I am not the only one to know about Jeremy :o)
I invite you over to my blog for the story of how I have founnd out his name and how he reacted come and check it out, even dead stock brokers need a good laugh
http://iambeingnice.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:36 pm, Blogger Rene Rivkin said...

David and niceperson, Ive already linked to his site a number of times so he should have been aware of my work. I dont why hes all worked up like a 15 year old rent boy who just found out hes got the AIDS on your website but hes ignoring me like Graham Richardson used to before I passed on when I exposed him weeks before you. Maybe he fears the undead.

 
At 3:32 pm, Blogger Iain Hall said...

Rene,
for a dead guy you are pretty cool but I supose the fact that we David and I used to play in his own sand pit may have something to do with it and we snookered him on his own patch :o)and I am happy to acknowlege that you got him first :o)
I have a no preduice against the dead polocy so you are welcome at "Being Nice"
You will notce that the second post is by someone trying to hijack David Tan's ID I've had the same fool doing it at my place usually posts as "bourbon boy" leave his comment to shame him or delete it this after all your retort :o)
best wishes
Nice
Ps I hope that the quality of the cigars is Ok in the after life considering fidel is yet to make it there .

 
At 1:54 pm, Blogger Rene Rivkin said...

Fidel might not be here but Che Guevara and hundreds and hundreds of victims of his purges are here rolling the finest cigars for me niceperson.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home